The 3CX-14 is a product of JCB’s efficient design philosophy, responding to today’s rising fuel prices and environmental concerns with class-leading efficiency and low run costs. In short, we’ve applied innovative technologies to squeeze the absolute maximum out of every drop of fuel on the 3CX-14.
The result? In typical road travel, loading, excavating and idle cycles, the 3CX-14 backhoe loader, equipped with a powerful 74hp (55kW) EcoMax engine, delivers a significant fuel savings, plus lower emissions and noise levels. And, with extended periods between fill ups, you benefit from a longer, more productive work day.
But the efficiency (and other) benefits certainly don’t end there on a 3CX-14.
- LOAD HEIGHT – STD11.2 ft, 3400 mm
- REACH FROM SWIVEL – STD17.8 ft, 5440mm
- DIG DEPTH – STD14.6 ft, 4450 mm
- REACH AT LOAD HEIGHT – STD5.5 ft, 1680 mm
- TRANSPORT LENGTH23.6 ft, 7190 mm
- TRANSPORT WIDTH8 ft, 2450 mm
- TRANSPORT HEIGHT11.6 ft, 3530 mm
- WHEELBASE7.3 ft, 2210 mm
- GROUND CLEARANCE1.1 ft, 330 mm
- HEIGHT TO TOP OF CAB9.4 ft, 2870 mm
- CLEARANCE AT MAX DUMP HEIGHT9 ft, 2740 mm
- REACH AT MAX DUMP HEIGHT2.7 ft, 810 mm
- DIG DEPTH2 in, 50 mm
- NET POWER90.1 hp, 68.6 kw
- GROSS POWER92 hp, 68.6 kw
- DISPLACEMENT 268.5 cu in, 4.4 L
- POWER MEASURED @ 2200 rpm
- TORQUE MEASURED @1300 rpm
- NET MAX TORQUE 281.7 lb ft, 382 Nm
- FUEL CAPACITY42.3 gal ,160 L
- HYDRAULIC SYSTEM FLUID CAPACITY33.5 gal,127 L
- OIL SYSTEM FLUID CAPACITY 4 gal,15 L
- COOLING SYSTEM FLUID CAPACITY6.1 gal, 23 L
- TRANSMISSION FLUID CAPACITY4.2 gal, 16 L
- FRONT AXLE FLUID CAPACITY4.2 gal, 16 L
- REAR AXLE FLUID CAPACITY4.2 gal, 16 L
- TIRE SIZE FRONT – 2WD / 4WD12x18x10 PR Industrial
- REAR TIRES SIZE 2WD/4WD16.9x28x12 PR Industrial
- OPERATING VOLTAGE12 V
- ALTERNATOR SUPPLIED AMPERAGE95 amps
- NUMBER OF FORWARD GEARS4,
- NUMBER OF REVERSE GEARS4,
- MAX SPEED – FORWARD23.8 mph, 38.3 km/h
- MAX SPEED REVERSE23.8 mph, 38.3 km/h
- DIG DEPTH – STD13.9 ft, 4240 mm
- DIG DEPTH – EXT17.9 ft, 5460 mm
- REACH FROM SWIVEL – STD17.6 ft, 5370 mm
- REACH FROM SWIVEL – EXT21.4 ft, 6520 mm
- BUCKET DIG FORCE – STD11847 lb, 5373.7 kg
- BUCKET DIG FORCE – EXT11847 lb, 5373.7 kg
- LOAD AT MAX LIFT – STD3198.9 lb, 1451 kg
- LOAD AT MAX LIFT – EXT1585.1 lb, 719 kg
- LOAD HEIGHT – STD12.6 ft, 3840 mm
- LOAD HEIGHT – EXT15.5 ft, 4720 mm
- REACH AT LOAD HEIGHT – STD9 ft, 2740 mm
- REACH AT LOAD HEIGHT – EXT12 ft, 3660 mm
- BUCKET CAPACITY1.3 yd3,1 m3
- BUCKET WIDTH88 in, 2235 mm
- BUCKET BREAKOUT FORCE14398 lb, 64 kN
- LIFT CAPACITY AT FULL HEIGHT7118.7 lb, 3229 kg
- CLEARANCE AT MAX DUMP HEIGHT9 ft, 2740 mm
- REACH AT MAX DUMP HEIGHT2.6 ft, 780 mm
- DIG DEPTH3.9 in, 100 mm
Because EcoMAX doesn’t use exhaust after-treatment, it doesn’t need costly heat-resistant lube oils or AdBlue, saving servicing costs. And, because EcoMAX can be adapted to run on lower-grade fuels, backhoes are resalable across different territories, which boost residuals.
JCB 3CX 14 engines are tried and tested. We’ve built 200,000 Dieselmax engines since 2004, and we’ve tested EcoMAX for 110,000 hours in 70 different machines across the toughest applications and environments.
For ultimate loading performance, productivity and roading efficiency, the JCB 3CX 14’s EcoMAX engine delivers as much as 74 hp (55 kW) and 295 ft. lbs. (400 Nm) of torque.
An optional limited slip differential gives a JCB 3CX 14 superior traction and performance, as well as reduced tire wear.
The 3CX 14 JCB backhoe loader is fitted with EcoRoad technology to provide the highest efficiency and productivity levels when roading. Fuel consumption is reduced, while machine speed and working area are increased by up to 10%.
There’s more tractive effort at the 3CX 14’s pile than ever, thanks to new variable flow pump power management and the new JCB EcoMAX engine.
The 3CX 14’s 4-ram self-leveling loader automatically adjusts the shovel on both the raise and lower cycle without any need for manual adjustment. It also provides unhindered front shovel visibility, especially when loading at height.
The optional combined hammer and bi-directional circuit provides optimized low-flow and high-flow hydraulic power with low back pressure for great attachment versatility.
JCB’s new hydraulic quickhitch makes attachment changing on the 3CX 14 quick, safe and compliant with current and future legislation.
EcoDig is a standard-fit 3-pump hydraulic system that provides high hydraulic flow and pressure at low engine speeds for improved fuel economy, reduced carbon emissions, lower engine wear, and extended refueling intervals.
Hydraulic Speed Control (HSC) automatically disconnects the first hydraulic pump when the JCB 3CX 14 is in fourth gear. This reduces fuel consumption still further.
A JCB 3CX 14 cab is inspired by the automotive industry for familiarity. A 17 heat and AC vents and heated front windshield.
Manual excavator controls offer simple to use control over the excavator, give the operator excellent feel to the hydraulic system.
For more comfort and less material spillage, the 3CX 14’s Smoothride System (SRS) minimizes bounce during travel. You can quickly reset your shovel to the digging position with our return-to-dig feature too.
High back-off brakes reduce viscous drag during roading and re-handling, which improves economy by up to 1%.
The optional handheld tool circuit means you can increase versatility by using your 3CX 14 as a power source for handheld tools, such as drills, breakers, cutters and even water pumps.
JCB 3CX backhoe loaders are quiet places to work, both inside and out – particularly the 74 hp (55 kW) models, which are the quietest in the industry.
Controls on the 3CX 14 feature an LCD panel detailing machine hours, service information fuel level and system warnings. A 360° view aids comfort, productivity and safety.
Our innovative scoop design 1-piece rear windscreen allows JCB 3CX 14 operators to see right into the trench when excavating.
The Safe Choice
Getting into a JCB 3CX 14 is easy and safe – there are large grab handles, a wide door opening, and open grid design steps that prevent dirt build-up.
Our new unique integral shovel street pads option prevents ground damage from your 3CX 14 and, therefore, costly repairs.
Power brakes allow efficient, safe stopping power with low pedal effort.
We use stress-relieved fabrication for the 3CX 14’s boom – by heating materials to over 650°C for over 16 hours, we make sure the metal is evenly heated, doubling boom life.
The 3CX 14’s pre-production testing regime included 100,000 loading cycles, 500,000 excavating cycles, 360,000 gear change cycles, extensive bump track testing to ensure structural integrity, and thousands of hours of endurance testing.
We also carried out extensive EMC (Electromagnetic Compatibility) testing on the 3CX 14; this ensures that signals from mobile phones and radios don’t affect the machine in any way.
Every new JCB 3CX 14 is put through around 600 performance checks on the production line.
Our construction materials are tested to the limit by exposing them to extreme temperatures, chemicals, salt, oil and light. That way, we know they’ll survive the most hostile conditions.
For added rigidity – and to protect hoses from damage – the 3CX 14 has flat plate-depressed loader arms, with cat tail welds to reduce stress concentrations.
The robot welded single-piece chassis on the 3CX 14 maximizes strength and minimizes weight.