The JCB 3CX 14 Super is the world’s number one backhoe loader (along with the JCB 4CX Super). The 3CX 14 Super is a product of JCB’s efficient design philosophy, responding to today’s rising fuel prices and environmental concerns with class-leading efficiency and low running costs. In short, we’ve applied innovative technologies to squeeze the absolute maximum out of every drop of fuel on the JCB 3CX 14 Super. The result? In typical roading, loading, excavating and idle cycles, the 3CX 14 Super JCB backhoe loader, equipped with a powerful 91-horsepower (68 kW) EcoMAX engine, delivers an average fuel saving of up to 16%, plus lower emissions and noise levels. And, with extended periods between fill ups, you benefit from a longer, more productive working day.
- LOAD HEIGHT – STD11.2 ft, 3400 mm
- REACH FROM SWIVEL – STD17.8 ft , 5440mm
- DIG DEPTH – STD14.6 ft, 4450 mm
- REACH AT LOAD HEIGHT – STD5.5 ft, 1680 mm
- TRANSPORT LENGTH23.6 ft, 7190 mm
- TRANSPORT WIDTH8 ft, 2450 mm
- TRANSPORT HEIGHT11.6 ft, 3530 mm
- WHEELBASE7.3 ft, 2210 mm
- GROUND CLEARANCE1.1 ft, 330 mm
- HEIGHT TO TOP OF CAB9.4 ft, 2870 mm
- CLEARANCE AT MAX DUMP HEIGHT9 ft, 2740 mm
- REACH AT MAX DUMP HEIGHT2.7 ft, 810 mm
- DIG DEPTH2 in, 50 mm
- NET POWER90.1 hp, 68.6 kw
- GROSS POWER92 hp, 68.6 kw
- DISPLACEMENT 268.5 cu in, 4.4 L
- POWER MEASURED @ 2200 rpm
- TORQUE MEASURED @1300 rpm
- NET MAX TORQUE 281.7 lb ft, 382 Nm
- FUEL CAPACITY42.3 gal, 160 L
- HYDRAULIC SYSTEM FLUID CAPACITY33.5 gal, 127 L
- OIL SYSTEM FLUID CAPACITY 4 gal, 15 L
- COOLING SYSTEM FLUID CAPACITY6.1 gal, 23 L
- TRANSMISSION FLUID CAPACITY4.2 gal, 16 L
- FRONT AXLE FLUID CAPACITY4.2 gal, 16 L
- REAR AXLE FLUID CAPACITY4.2 gal, 16 L
- TIRE SIZE FRONT – 2WD / 4WD12x18x10 PR Industrial
- REAR TIRES SIZE 2WD/4WD16.9x28x12 PR Industrial
- OPERATING VOLTAGE12 V
- ALTERNATOR SUPPLIED AMPERAGE95 amps
- NUMBER OF FORWARD GEARS4
- NUMBER OF REVERSE GEARS4
- MAX SPEED – FORWARD23.8 mph, 38.3 km/h
- MAX SPEED REVERSE23.8 mph, 38.3 km/h
- DIG DEPTH – STD13.9 ft, 4240 mm
- DIG DEPTH – EXT17.9 ft, 5460 mm
- REACH FROM SWIVEL – STD17.6 ft, 5370 mm
- REACH FROM SWIVEL – EXT21.4 ft, 6520 mm
- BUCKET DIG FORCE – STD11847 lb, 5373.7 kg
- BUCKET DIG FORCE – EXT11847 lb, 5373.7 kg
- LOAD AT MAX LIFT – STD3198.9 lb, 1451 kg
- LOAD AT MAX LIFT – EXT1585.1 lb, 719 kg
- LOAD HEIGHT – STD12.6 ft, 3840 mm
- LOAD HEIGHT – EXT15.5 ft, 4720 mm
- REACH AT LOAD HEIGHT – STD9 ft, 2740 mm
- REACH AT LOAD HEIGHT – EXT12 ft, 3660 mm
- BUCKET CAPACITY1.3 yd3, 1 m3
- BUCKET WIDTH88 in, 2235 mm
- BUCKET BREAKOUT FORCE14398 lb, 64 kN
- LIFT CAPACITY AT FULL HEIGHT7118.7 lb, 3229 kg
- CLEARANCE AT MAX DUMP HEIGHT9 ft, 2740 mm
- REACH AT MAX DUMP HEIGHT2.6 ft, 780 mm
- DIG DEPTH3.9 in, 100 mm
Because EcoMAX doesn’t use exhaust after-treatment, it doesn’t need costly heat-resistant lube oils or Adblue, saving servicing costs. And, because EcoMAX can be adapted to run on lower-grade fuels, backhoes are resalable across different territories, which boost residuals.
JCB 3CX 14 Super engines are tried and tested. We’ve built 200,000 Dieselmax engines since 2004, and we’ve tested EcoMAX for 110,000 hours in 70 different machines across the toughest applications and environments.
For ultimate loading performance, productivity and roading efficiency, the JCB 3CX’s EcoMAX engine delivers as much as 91 hp (68 kW) and 320 ft. lbs. (433 Nm) of torque.
JCB’s unique TorqueLock system is standard-fit on all 91 hp (68 kW) powershift 3CX 14 Super models. Combined with our optional 6-speed Autoshift transmission, it can help save up to 25% on fuel and 10% on road travel time.
Limited slip differential gives a JCB 3CX 14 Super superior traction and performance, as well as reduced tire wear.
The 3CX 14 Super JCB backhoe loader is fitted with EcoRoad technology to provide the highest efficiency and productivity levels when roading. Fuel consumption is reduced, while machine speed and working area are increased by up to 10%.
We use stress-relieved fabrication for the 3CX 14 Super’s boom – by heating materials to over 1202°F (650°C) for over 16 hours, we make sure the metal is evenly heated, doubling boom life.
The 3CX 14 SuperEco’s pre-production testing regime included 100,000 loading cycles, 500,000 excavating cycles, 360,000 gear change cycles, extensive bump track testing to ensure structural integrity, and thousands of hours of endurance testing.
We also carried out extensive EMC (Electromagnetic Compatibility) testing on the 3CX 14 Super; this ensures that signals from mobile phones and radios don’t affect the machine in any way.
Every new JCB 3CX 14 Super is put through around 600 performance checks on the production line.
Our construction materials are tested to the limit by exposing them to extreme temperatures, chemicals, salt, oil and light. That way, we know they’ll survive the most hostile conditions.
For rigidity and hose protection, there are flat plate D-pressing loader arms on the JCB 3CX 14 Super.
The robot welded single-piece chassis on the 3CX 14 Super maximizes strength and minimizes weight.
Hydraulic hoses are approved to work down to -8°F (-40°C) and all JCB 3CX 14 Super materials are tested to extreme temperatures and exposed to chemical, salt, oil and sunlight to ensure maximum protection.
Daily under hood checks are a thing of the past with the JCB 3CX 14 Super – all engine checks are done automatically by the CANBUS electronics engine management system.
Most Tier 4i engines use a Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF) or SCR, requiring additional AdBlue fluid level maintenance – EcoMAX doesn’t.
For an even more efficient backhoe experience, JCB’s new multi-functional instrument control panel can provide the 3CX 14 Super’s current and average fuel consumption, as well as service faults and critical faults.
The plastic fuel tank on a JCB 3CX 14 Super is completely rust proof to prevent rust forming in the tank, which protects the fuel injection system. The single-piece composite cab floor is also rustproof, with molded water channels.
Power brakes allow efficient, safe stopping power with low pedal effort.